In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Luminocks! Not too impressed....

DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
I paid almost $30.00 dollars for 3 of these and 2 are not working properly!....Do not always light-up upon release and not always staying lit upon impact! Guess they are going back into their little package and I will try to get a refund! I have a feeling that a refund is going to be a bit of a battle as I bought them a while ago and haven't used them until recently! Anyone else use them??? Have problems with them??? or is it just my BAD-LUCK ???[V]

Ruric, NE OHIO,

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    so i should not get a pack then[:(!]

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't tell you for certain, but the place that I bought and had my bow set up he says they are not even worth trying! Like I said can't say for sure, just what I heard!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to Illinois rules they're illegal, considered to be a tracking device. Personally if you blow through a deer, I don't see what good they are.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    actually now that i think about it my bow shop guy said they were great. he said he shot a deer right before dark and saw the arrow light the deer up as the arrow passed through

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I have them they work very well and they are ot to track a deer its to locate your arrow instead of fumbling around in the dark # 1 are you shooting carbon arrows? If so you need to clean the fletching end where the nock goes with some alcohol this will insure good contact with the carbon. Do not rotate the nock after it has been inserted this breaks the contacts. I had mega trouble with my first pack and called. Bert Cyote ane they told me to send the old ones back and they sent me some new ones. They will also explain exactly how to use them. The new ones I received worked fine. I suggest you call luminock.[;)]
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    I have them they work very well and they are ot to track a deer its to locate your arrow instead of fumbling around in the dark # 1 are you shooting carbon arrows? If so you need to clean the fletching end where the nock goes with some alcohol this will insure good contact with the carbon. Do not rotate the nock after it has been inserted this breaks the contacts. I had mega trouble with my first pack and called. Bert Cyote ane they told me to send the old ones back and they sent me some new ones. They will also explain exactly how to use them. The new ones I received worked fine. I suggest you call luminock.[;)]

Sounds Like a plan! Probably better than dealing with the shop owner. I will try to clean the shaft ends and re-try them. I did rotate the hell out of one of them because it kept flickering on and off... I really liked using the one that worked, Very neat invention for low-light shooting and your eye can really track the arrows path to the target!...... Thanks!

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Do not rotate thats what I did ruins the contacts.Call mrCoyote. they are a small company and were very willing to help me. Mind you they are made to hunt with and most likly not meant to be shot 100 times. But I would be the first to tell you if they were junk. they just need proper installation and shut off procedure. they are awsome to shoot in low light.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use them and have no trouble..Like Bucky said they gota be installed the right way..Read the directions tell ya how to and what to use if they dont work rt.

GET~R~DONE!