In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

in scheels

DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
I was in scheels today watchin this show on a tv. There is this guy bow hunting mule deer and he has this mule deer like 10 feet away looking at him!! It didnt see him but it got ten yards away and he shot it. the deer dropped instantly, and it was hit in the liver area.BS! And this other guy had caribou like ten yards away, and they all looked at him.They didnt see him though.He was also bow hunting. But the thing i think is hardest to believe is that they were both on the ground! when is that gonna happen to me[:(!]

Comments

• surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are 13 [?] Looking at your profile/posting you sure have alot of stuff for a kid. [:0]
    Nothing bad just looks FUNNY to me..[;)]
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    what looks funny surekill[?]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The replys you do on stuff kinda weird for a kid to post and ask.[;)]
    I dont mean anything just wondering thats all.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    o. Thats cool![8D]
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A liver hit on any deer is lethal. I shot a buck years ago while bowhunting and it was almost dark. The arrow looked to me like it hit him in the hind quarter. He ran a few steps and fell over dead!! I couldn't beleive it. I thought I would be tracking him all night with a poor hit too far back. When I dressed him, sure enough the liver was center punched. Definitely a lethal hit.
  • EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A liver blood trail is amazing, the heart and lungs still pump so its just a point of bleeding out. Longest trail was 70-80 yards for me, could of found it with one eye shut and one contact missing.

My brother took a quartering away shot on a doe and hit it 3 inches over from the poo-hole and 3 inches down. Lucky sucker hit an artery, 40 yard recovery with the arrow still in the rear leg bone.
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My son-in-law was sitting in the house drinking coffee 2yrs ago getting ready to head out hunting the end of Jan, saw a doe in the back yard eating ivy off of a tree. He grabbed his bow, went out the door to the back of the garage, took a 40yd shot, hit the doe in the neck, and dropped her in her tracks. She never went anywhere but straight down. I was at the window in the loft of my house watching. I never saw anything like it.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I've had some does & button bucks come within 8-10 yards of me while on the ground. Quit a rush, couldn't imagine it being a 5x5 bull elk or something [:p]
    My brother has taken a couple deer that he said dropped in their tracks, a couple were liver shots, one was a spine.