In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Preparation

wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭
How many have been checking food plots, feeders, game camera etc? i have been out the last few weeks trying to get my stand prepared for this fall, putting up camo netting, feeders, clearing shooting lanes and all that other good stuff. Plenty of deer pics too but not any real big ones yet.

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I can't put cameras out this early because I would have 5 deer pics and 2000 pics of tall grass. [:D]
    The grass should be mowed this week or next.
    I'm changing out one stand to a 17' buddy.
    I'm trying to get the buddy ready now.
    I have to get new straps for it and make a skirt for the shooting rail.
    I have another buddy that I bought at a garage sale that I need to find a tree for.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I drive the edges of the soybean fields twice a day and note where I see what. Fairly consistently see 10 does, 6 fawns, and between 2 and 7 bucks. If I'm running early just after dawn, I see more bucks. I have my eye on a nice wide 8 or 10 point that's been seen at least a dozen times within 100' of one of my old tree stands.
  • 44pinshooter44pinshooter Member Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just starting to get stuff ready.
    Won't put out the cams for a few weeks yet.
    Too many leaves and weeds yet.
    Getting the itch.
    edited November -1
    I got my 17' buddy set up.
    Quite a few deer tracks around the field.
    As a plus, found a bunch of turkey sign.
    Hoping to get a trail mower there this week so I can get some camera set up.
    edited November -1
    I got everything mowed this week and cameras set.
    Heat wave came through tho, been in the 90's all week.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, it's not looking good for my archery deer pursuit this year. Too many things taking up too much of my available time.
    The bucks are getting "in the mood"-fully hard horned and scuffling with each other. Sniffing around the does and moving more in full light. I'd like to be out there but can't find the help I need to set up my ladder stands.
    Youth rifle season is just over 2 weeks away and I promised Grand-daughter I'd build her a new deer house but even that looks like a no-go. I'll probably have to move one from our north farm so she and her Dad can use one and her Brother and I can use another.
    This bum shoulder is really getting cantankerous.