In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Frustrating archery season

KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
First weekend was complete downpours all weekend. Second weekend had a cold front come in. Problem is was windy as heck all weekend. This weekend more rain and a ton of wind.

Right now I'm sitting up in my climber in the wind and rain. /sigh

Comments

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have killed all my biggest bucks in driving rain storms. Good luck and be thankful that you can atleast hunt. Iam grounded with a broken back[V]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    I didn't go out this weekend. Bunch of senior football stuff going on then it warmed up and got real windy this weekend.
    I did go and work on a couple of stands though.
    I'm like you, I'm really ready to go sit in a tree but, the weather is just not cooperating.
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I have killed all my biggest bucks in driving rain storms. Good luck and be thankful that you can atleast hunt. Iam grounded with a broken back[V]

Hope your back gets 100% ASAP! My good buck I killed was right after a full on downpour/lightening storm. I really shouldn't of stayed in the tree with the lightening in the distance, but it was off aways so I stuck it out. Not 5 min after the downpour stopped this buck stepped out of the gnarliest brair patch. I honestly don't know how he got in there.

Deerhunting2010002-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    I'm like you, I'm really ready to go sit in a tree but, the weather is just not cooperating.

Make no mistake, even if there was a hurricane coming through I'd still be up in a tree somewhere. Just wish the weather on the weekends was better. This weekend is looking pretty good though so hopefully I can get my first bow kill. Been after it for the last 4 years.
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sandy is here, you were saying Kodiak? lol I cannot hunt winds are rediculous! Hope everyone on the East Coast is making it okay!
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie

Same here. A nice 10 pointer. Water was pouring down my bow string and dripping off the bottom of my long bow. Every one of my cedar arrows were ruined beyond repair. Water is rough on cedar.

I glassed the buck about 100 yards from my stand headed my way. About that time it started to rain so I sat there waiting. A good hour later he was within 35 yards but a tree was in the way. Another 20 minutes later he finally came from behind the tree. I took the shot at about 15 yards.