In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Getting Ready

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
I brought a trail mower home from work yesterday and got my paths and trails mowed around the fields. With the floods this year I had 6' tall stinging nettle around my stands that are by the river.
With the heavy winds our old blind on top of the Metro blew apart. It was old and not made the best to begin with.
Last weekend we got her rebuilt. I over engineered it this time. There are more 2x4's in the floor and front wall than the old one had total. [;)]
I got her painted with a base coat. Hope to add some details to it this weekend.
Also, I added a funnel and a hose.[:D]
I'll post some pics later.

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    For the big day.
    Getting my clothes all washed.
    Getting all the gear that has been scattered from last year and turkey hunting all gathered up.
    I straightened up the butchering shed, hope it gets used plenty.
    Getting my field dressing clean up kit ready for the truck. This consists of a gallon of water with just a little bleach for hand washing, a small thing of dish soap for the same and a small tub this year. I thought the tub would be a nice addition instead of trying to pour the water over one hand, then repeating with the other. It's one of those, "why didn't I think of this before things".
    Good luck to all of youn's[:D]
    edited November -1
    Well season is just over 2 weeks away. My first goal is to get my wife a deer, so last night I made up 5 new lighted nocks for her arrows. A new stand is on order from Cabelas for her, and Broadheads from Hunthd.com. I hope it is a good season.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't started cutting yet. FSA field inspectors don't like any cutting before mid-Sept. I've got a couple of locations that I can easily access w/o running the brush hog so I'll put up ladder stands in those. Got 2 new(and much better quality) ground blinds and have already picked a location for one of them. Three weeks to opener but I'm not going hunting until it cools off some. Last year I shot a couple of does early in the season and had to scramble to get them to the processor before they went sour.
    edited November -1
    I hear you on the scramble. I shot my 8 point opening evening last year. Lots of work to get him home, boned and in the fridge. Think I got to bed bout 11. Rough day at work the next day.
    edited November -1
    Here are the chairs I got for the blind. Paid a whole $5 dollars for them. Hunting buddy's wife covered them in vinyl.
    [img][/img]Photo150.jpg
    Here is the plumbing.[:D] Hose runs out the back into the junk pile that is behind the Metro.
    [img][/img]Photo145.jpg
    Here is the new blind so far. I plan on adding some more paint to break out its outline. It doesn't really need it but, it'll look cooler. [:D]
    [img][/img]Photo146.jpg