In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Mathews

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
got a new magazine today, Mathews has 2 new bows out, 340 and 360 fps.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just bought a new Chill R last weekend. Still looking at getting a stabilizer and string stop to match I will upload pics once I get everything setup. I was shooting a Z series prior. The bow is in desert tactical and would look like this:

http://mathewsinc.com/product/chill-x/

Bow is fast and I have already dialed it in at 20 yards!
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Sounds awesome. Can't wait for the pics and range report.
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure you will like this bow very well. Good luck this coming fall.
  • Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also just got the same bow, they are sweet! If you look 2 topics down you can see what happened when I sighted in at 20yds [;)] What arrows are you shooting? I'm also still in the hunt for a stabilizer, haven't found the right one ( part of my problem is i mount a gopro camera on my lower limb so that's a limiting factor for which one I can use). I'm looking for other options, but I do enjoy watching the video after a range session or a day in the woods...so for now i deal with it.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on a sweet bow ... but don't do what MN Hunter does, it could get expensive. [:p][}:)][^].
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    What's with all the JUNK you guys hang on your bows...........[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Range Report -

First bow I have ever done a "walk back" tune.

Bow shoots within 1/4" with field-points or muzzy fixed blades. I have always struggled getting fixed blades to fly right but out to 30 they seem to be doing well. I might go back to the fixed blades versus the expendables after this. Bow's top pin was good for either 10 or 20 yards.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    Range Report -

First bow I have ever done a "walk back" tune.

Bow shoots within 1/4" with field-points or muzzy fixed blades. I have always struggled getting fixed blades to fly right but out to 30 they seem to be doing well. I might go back to the fixed blades versus the expendables after this. Bow's top pin was good for either 10 or 20 yards.

Not many bows out there need a 10 yard pin. Many shooters I know are going with a 25, 40, 55, 70, 85 on a 5 pin sight.
    I shoot a really heavy arrow at 505gr. Shooting a MR7 28"DL 65% mods, set at 62lbs. Last Chrono I shot through said 259FPS if I remember right. I shoot a 7 pin Axcel Armortech HD Pro "Vision" series with a 2" sight housing, near the end of the extension bar. My pins are 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80. This uses almost all of the 2" housing. Green & Yellow pins only (red is hard for me to see in low light). Many ask how I keep from confusing that many pins. Simple trick- I custom ordered the sight with the top 3 pins in .019", bottom 4 are .010". Not too bad to keep track of them that way.
    If I where to shoot a more normal arrow weight of around 400gr, I could use 15 yard increments, and have pins over 100 yards. I know many are not comfortable shooting that far. I'm not saying I would shoot at an animal that far either, but practice at the longer distance will make the "hunting range" shots much easier.
    Just my thoughts here. I'm no expert.