In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Children's Archery Tackle Recommendation

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
Lady I know needs some archery tackle for chilren, beginning children. We are talking inexpensive, but not toys. Kids will be aged 5-12, and there are about 200 of them, so the bows should be able to withstand some punishment.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    http://mathewsinc.com/products/beginner-bows/

These are all good beginners, if you can find them used they would be fairly cheap too
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this an organization?(200 kids)

Mathews has the Genises that they supply to schools.

They often are free or of little cost. They have no draw length and the weight is minimal.

I didn't look at the link above, but chances are it has something to do with it.

N.A.S.P. is the National Archery in the Schools Program. You can get grants for equipment.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam

They often are free or of little cost. They have no draw length and the weight is minimal.

I didn't look at the link above, but chances are it has something to do with it.

N.A.S.P. is the National Archery in the Schools Program. You can get grants for equipment.

NASP is definitely a good thing!
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Sure is! Our archery club held a fundraiser shoot each year to donate the money to get every school in our area set up with NASP equipment. Small cost to the club, but the schools here are really struggling to spend money on these programs. Now all the schools that would commit to the program have the equipment to do it.
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Sure is! Our archery club held a fundraiser shoot each year to donate the money to get every school in our area set up with NASP equipment. Small cost to the club, but the schools here are really struggling to spend money on these programs. Now all the schools that would commit to the program have the equipment to do it.
    It's gratifying to read all of this info about the school programs and getting them outfitted with the archery gear. Thanks. [:)]