In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mission bow

Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just bought a 2 year old Mission compound bow. Have never heard of this brand. Seller says that Mathews makes them. It came with 12 carbon arrows, stabilizer, 6 muzzy broad heads, hard case,extra everything, It also has a nice sight set. all for $450. Anybody heard of this setup? Was that a good price. Will post pics tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can get a setup brand new for under 1000. I used to have one they shoot well and are made by mathews brand. Probably could've got it for cheaper though.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Mission is a Mathews bow, Which model did ya get? $450 for a fairly new model with all that I'd be happy with. Most are $300 to a little over $400 bare.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All my bow buddies seem to think the price was pretty good out here. lot more archers in Ohio, maybe a better buyers market there. But I'm happy so its all good. He told me hes had it for two years. newbow009.jpg
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pistollero1050 -

I will defer to folks that are in the know currently regarding quality and pricing, etc.

( From what I can see, you done decent right there.)

Did the case come with? Any additional trinkets or gear with the rig?

If I may suggest? If it were mine, I'd mute the hand grip, everything else that comes to my out of condition hunting eyes, looks nice!

Again, I'm not current on bows and pricing ... but I'd have paid that for what I see and feel good about it all.

Are you rigged-up now? Been out tossing arrows with it some? Let us know how it works out, will you? Best of luck with it!

I'm looking forward to more feedback from more folks here, more current than me. [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ya, Alan It came with a quiver that mounts on the bow a dozen carbon express maxim hunter 350 arrows, 8 muzzy 100gr broadheads, the case, whisker bisquet rest, nice sight dont know what brand,compinsator, extra nocks and tips and stuff. Only thing I needed was a release and I picked up a tru fire yesterday. I took it out today and was accurate out to 50yrds and at 60 I could still hit the 18X18" target. Can't wait to fine tune the sight. Heres more pics[img][/img]th_newbow001.jpg[img][/img]th_newbow010.jpg[img][/img]th_newbow002.jpg
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    ya did just fine! NOW go shoot something and post pics [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You got it. It shoots real good.