In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Doe down

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Been seeing some amazing quality and quantity of deer this year. finally connected on a doe we watched come in from a 1/2 mile out to 6 yrds right in front of me. NOt the best pic fut I was running late to get to my Grandmothers Christmas. [:D]

treelinedoe2011.jpg

This is one of the bucks we've seen, he is small in comparison to the others but still a fairly decent deer. I call him Tall Boy

Tallboy.jpg

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went hunting during the youth gun season here in Ohio and bagged me a doe with my bow. All on film of course. Shot her today which was November the 20th. Makes my third deer this season with stick and string!

30582010150375936092199.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    edited November -1
    Friday morning I scored a doe with the bow. Not the best hit I ever put on a deer, and one of the worst blood trails I have had yet, but about 100 yards from where I shot, I found her. She turned into the arrow and made for the bad angle. Hit back of shoulder blade, out through the far side knee, broke the upper leg bone in 4 pieces.

60lb 28" Monster 7 with a 505 gr Victory VAP arrow tipped with a Viper Trick head. Penetration is not a problem....

Before someone observant sees it... There are 2 arrows missing from the quiver... The other was shot AT a turkey at about 65 yards. Close enough to make him jump, but no connection there. The turkeys came in just after I shot the deer. I was giving some time with the bad hit and figured why not?

RACDoe_zps464b6d30.jpg
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awesome!! Looks like the doe you posted from the game camera a few weeks ago. That is a massive doe. Good shooting and congrats.

Don

I have a picture of a wide racked buck you posted from a game camera several years ago. I'll have to go on my old computer and see if I can find it. I liked that buck enough to save his picture[:D]
    edited November -1
    Thanks Don

I think that is the one from the trail cam. At least that cam was up the hill 30 yards from where I shot this one. Hard to tell on a doe. She was a big old girl. Dry- no fawns. I had a little 8 point basket buck under me when I shot her too. Just not good enough for my one buck tag for the year.... Gotta love Minnesota. Pay for 3 tags, but only 1 can be a buck. Then have to pay for doe tags too.

As for the wide one... never did find him.
    10-31-10-16-36-0.jpg

But this one is on my wall....
    IMG_1052.jpg
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, That is the same buck. I have a picture that is black and white. I get so many bucks on camera that are never to be seen again.

1wide12_zps1dea42f5.jpg
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was out early Sunday morning "prehunting" Grandson's new deer house. I had a big, long headed doe with triplet fawns spend 15 minutes trying to "make" me inside the house(she failed to get enough scent to get spooked). Her fawns were in the food plot and were settled enough for one to lay down and take a nap.
    I sure could have tagged one of the 4 easily but the youth season is this Saturday so I'm "saving" the spot for him.
    edited November -1
    Good for you for saving the spot. My daughter surprised me, by saying she wants to go deer hunting this year. Never before expressed interest, and always turned me down when I offered to take her. Maybe it is because her cousin went on a hunt earlier this month and had a great time. You can bet I will make every effort to take her out in 2 weeks. Too bad she already missed the youth season. Our MN gun season opens 11/9. I hope to tag a buck with the bow before that, but if not- I'll have a gun tag too.

Don
    I forgot all about that picture. Somewhere I have another B&W of a different buck- the twin to the one on my wall. It was the year after I shot that one, I missed the twin with the bow.... Live & learn... Make sure you look through the peep, not the gap in the string over it!
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Congrats. Been pretty slow here. Not much moving at all. I've usually got the freezer full by now.