In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It's on here!

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
The activity has picked up here in SE MN! Bucks are really active, and responding to calls.

My friend Bryan got this one Sunday.
IMG_20131103_161532_315-1_zps31d95a04.jpg[/URL]

I got the call to come help, and had company... my son's first deer recovery.
IMG_20131103_162048_422-1_zps735eb412.jpg[/URL]
IMG_20131103_163025_283_zps72e99270.jpg[/URL]

My daughter (13 YO) asked if she could go with me for gun season. I set this up for us.
IMG_20131105_092301_902_zpsd1fa1306.jpg[/URL]

And this guy has been frequenting the spot.
IMAG0021_zps7ada1673.jpg[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Nice buck. All looks good. Good luck and enjoy some tree time with your daughter.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm finally seeing rut activity here in north MO. The last week has set things moving. Scrapes along every fence line and travel lane. I saw a buck chasing a doe within a 100 yards of the main highway Monday. I was going to reset my trail cam this evening but I have kid sitting duty and Grand daughter didn't bring warm clothes for the ATV ride. Ten days until rifle season opens but here's a ton of activity past one of my ladder stands so I'm hoping to get things sorted out to go bow hunting a few times.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was out to check a soybean field this evening. Saw 4 deer that were close enough to tell they were bucks w/o bino's during the 30 mile drive.
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a terrific buck your buddy got!! Very unique curvature of the brow tines. I'd have to have a shoulder mount if it were mine. I'm on vacation next week and hoping to score (smokepole). The high temp here next Wednesday is 43 and that should have them moving.

Don
  • Options
    saserbysaserby Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's an amazing deer! I thnk that's what were all looking for.[:p][:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don
    He was going to do a European but I have him talked into a shoulder mount.

My daughter was a real trooper Saturday morning. Sat for 3 hours without seeing a deer. I couldn't blame her for skipping out on the afternoon sit. Crazy winds came up.

I went Sunday morning without her. Teenage girls are hard to get out of bed that early... 30 minutes into legal hours I got this 10 point buck at 25 yards. First time I ever saw or heard of a buck stopping to smell doe pee after being shot!
    IMG_20131110_081713_167-1_zps1390ea77.jpg[/URL]

And yes that is the tailgate on my truck in the top left corner. I was able to drive right to him....
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Very nice Congrats. I got to drive up to mine too. It makes it nice.[;)]
  • Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way to go. Nice buck. He looks a lot like the one in your game cam pic. Is he the same one?
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Job! Hope I can do the same one day!
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Don
    He was going to do a European but I have him talked into a shoulder mount.

My daughter was a real trooper Saturday morning. Sat for 3 hours without seeing a deer. I couldn't blame her for skipping out on the afternoon sit. Crazy winds came up.

I went Sunday morning without her. Teenage girls are hard to get out of bed that early... 30 minutes into legal hours I got this 10 point buck at 25 yards. First time I ever saw or heard of a buck stopping to smell doe pee after being shot!
    IMG_20131110_081713_167-1_zps1390ea77.jpg[/URL]

And yes that is the tailgate on my truck in the top left corner. I was able to drive right to him....

Awesome job on the 10 point!! A very nice buck indeed. I just got back from the mountains and no bucks to be seen. Had doe all around me all 3 days, temps were perfect with light snow, but the bucks did not show. Will try again tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. Again, great job on the 10 pointer!

Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrGunz22
    Way to go. Nice buck. He looks a lot like the one in your game cam pic. Is he the same one?

Different buck. The trail cam picture was an 8. I HAD 3 nicer bucks on camera than the 10 I shot, but none of them have been around in the last 2 weeks.