In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

First confirmed bow kill

Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, Friday I shot a huge wild boar with my Matthew's Switchback.

I finally found it by using my nose after loosing the blood trail.

I got complete pass through with my arrow and Magnus two blade broadhead. The one to two inch thick layer of fat closed the hole up perty quick which explains the loss of blood trail.

I am so stoked, finally after several years and two lost hogs and one lost coyote I got a confirmed kill. And this thing was huge. I'll post pictures if I can figure out how to do it.

This is the best picture I got right now. I've got some more at home but I'll have to post them later.

BodeWildBoarsizeLargeOneEach.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Yep, that's always been the hard part, finding the doggone things once I get an arrow in em.

I know, I know, it's all about shot placement but I made some good shots. It's just in the neck of the woods I hunt in if you don't find em perty quick you ain't gonna find em at all.

Bode
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    very cool. congrats. he still worth eatin or is he to large?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nope, he was big and stunk real bad besides he got across the creek on me and there was no way I could get my four wheeler to it. I had to leave everything but the head. I'm gonna have a European mount done with it.

Bode