In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Archery Club dues

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
What do you pay for your archery club dues? And what does that get you? Indoor? Outdoor? Any other affiliations? What does your club own (if known). Any other perks?

I ask because our board is discussing raising dues. I (on the board) am very much against raising dues. I know many who would no longer be a member if the dues go any higher.

I'll start it off.
The Rochester Archery Club dues is $75/single, $80/family per year. This is for year round shooting (but we don't plow the 1/2 mile of driveway so winter access is out). Outdoor only. Practice range with marked distance 10-60 yards with Genesis targets, and 2D silhouette animal targets. A 30 target 2D silhouette animal walk through course with elevated shooting platforms. We keep 6 or so old 3D targets out for broadhead shooting.
Our club membership includes membership to Minnesota Bowhunters Inc.

The club owns 40 acres along with 1/2 mile of driveway so no chance of loosing access.

Members choosing to volunteer to work at the club (any work at the club, or club event)earn $5/hour to buy down any club cost (up to half). Our members can enter a drawing to hunt the range property for a month each year. The hours worked can "buy" additional chances into the drawing.

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I can't help you. I belong to no club. I either shoot at home or at a range on DNR land bout 3 miles from me for free.
  • edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    I have a 10 yard range set up in my basement and a 20-60 yard range out back. No need to pay to use one.

I did look im to it a few years ago and the are $100 a year not sure what is included but I am sure it is less then you are offering.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our club is a 300 acre facility. I cost 100 dollars a year and we have as follows: Archery 3D walk thru and 16 foot tower, Sporting clays, 100,200,300 yard rifle ranges, 25 and 50 yard pistol ranges with turning targets, Trap, skeet, small bore rifle range, bowling pin range. We have a beautiful club house with all the emenities. NO DRINKING ON THE PREMISES.!!!! We had a problem with that a long time ago. We also have lighted ranges for shooting at night. Our club was established in 1933. I have been a member for thirty years and I am Archery range officer. We have four hundred members. I am past President and vice president.

This picture was taken during the construction of the tower

[img][/img]img20120818121319.jpg
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys.

I should have posted at our club this is dedicated archery only. No firearms (including crossbows) allowed on club property.
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Our club is a 300 acre facility. I cost 100 dollars a year and we have as follows: Archery 3D walk thru and 16 foot tower, Sporting clays, 100,200,300 yard rifle ranges, 25 and 50 yard pistol ranges with turning targets, Trap, skeet, small bore rifle range, bowling pin range. We have a beautiful club house with all the emenities. NO DRINKING ON THE PREMISES.!!!! We had a problem with that a long time ago. We also have lighted ranges for shooting at night. Our club was established in 1933. I have been a member for thirty years and I am Archery range officer. We have four hundred members. I am past President and vice president.

This picture was taken during the construction of the tower

[img][/img]img20120818121319.jpg

That is a helluva bargain for only $100 dues. I would join that if we had one here.