In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sons friend Robin Hoods an arrow

gregwgregw Member Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was out stacking firewood yesterday while my son and his friend were shooting their bows. I hear this "CRACK" and my sons friend say "Holly Crap, look at that", look what I just did. I went over to see and I'll be damned if he didn't Robin Hood the arrow he shot. . A once in a lifetime shot, it was pretty cool to see it done

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Tell him to stop it, it can be expensive [:D]
  • Options
    gregwgregw Member Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah that is what he said, it was funny, instead of being excited about it, he was like "man now I only have 1 practice arrow left"
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its great the first time or two then it gets old and expensive...I hate repairing ripped fletching too...I just set up my practice range so I sink one arrow in the foam deer at 20, then 5 into the 5-spot target at 30, then one into the 40 yard foam deer. Then I retrieve the 7 and start again...Keeps me from "rippin" and "hoodin"...[;)]
    If it was his first? He'll always remember that![;)]
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gregw
    Yeah that is what he said, it was funny, instead of being excited about it, he was like "man now I only have 1 practice arrow left"

Then it past time for him to get and have at least a couple dozen practice arrows. [:0] [B)] [;)] [:)]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice to know there is a current anti sheriff of nautyham...
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT
    Its great the first time or two then it gets old and expensive...I hate repairing ripped fletching too...I just set up my practice range so I sink one arrow in the foam deer at 20, then 5 into the 5-spot target at 30, then one into the 40 yard foam deer. Then I retrieve the 7 and start again...Keeps me from "rippin" and "hoodin"...[;)]
    If it was his first? He'll always remember that![;)]

I do the same. I never shoot more than one arrow into a dot on a target. If the target has 5 dots then I shoot 1 arrow into each.

I hate having to refletch because my points rip or cut the vanes.