In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Game Cam's

MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
I need to get a few new camera's. My two Bushnell Sentry's have been on the fritz this year. They served me well for the past 4 yrs. I picked up a Wildgame RED6 today on the way home from work at Walmart....$89. Does anyone have any expereience with the Wildgame cameras? I need more cameras....what do you guys recommend? Im thinking about biting the bullet and getting a Cuddeback. How is Moultrie?

Comments

• DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've only owned the "Stealth" and "Moultrie" brands...The stealth was the old film type and ate batteries up very quickly. Retired it and gave it to my son.. The Moultrie Ive had about 4? years or so now and it still works but the digital display readout crapped out on me last season...I'm gonna be in the market for a new one or 2 here soon also...buckeyboy on here was makin his own "Home-Brewed Cams" a while back...Might want to ask him if he's sellin any....
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Reconyx (sp?) is supposed to be good.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    reconix is the best pretty pricy though.
    wild game IR4 is a great little cam that wont break the bank..
  • BowGunHunterBowGunHunter Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had a cuddeback for years. Very good.

Recently I got a Tasco IR. It is great for daytime pics but the IR does not have much range at night.

My buddy swears by the $50 Tasco flash camera at Walmart.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have hated out cuddebacks! Nothing but problems with missing pictures, failing sensors, and corrupted picture files. They do make a good decoy camera if you want to set out a trap for a thief...
    We went to Predator cams, and could not ask for more.
  • keystone1974keystone1974 Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My moultrie works great, luv the pics, but the display after 2 seasons is almost unreadable...as long as u don't want to change the settings; it's fine. Seems like sum commercials are showing cameras with alot faster sensors. If u angle it good on the trail it takesgreat pics day or night . Good bat. Life . I've had it for 4 seasons, bought a metal box cover and a good lock and cable cause another one I had was stolen two days after putting it out on it's Madein voyage 3 years ago. I hunt public
  • edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    I have 6 moultrie cameras. they work great. the oldest one is 6 years old. They have good battery life and take nice pictures.
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm shopping for some now. [:0]

Appreciate the information and will be putting it all to good use. [:)]