In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bought some Quick-fletch...

DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
Kinda expensive but looks easier than digging out and setting up my fletching jig and having to buy more glue etc..
Boil water and 3 minutes in and done I guess!?.....Have to see how this works out for me...[?]

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    i heard they work well
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine are shootin' great, I use the bohning blazer version though. Pretty tough and durable. I was grouping very well at 30 with mine.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't tried them yet, but that sounds a lot better than pealing glue or arrow wrap off your shafts when it's time to re-fletch.
    edited November -1
    I can buy fletched arrows for the price of thise things did I read the price right like $14.00 each[:0]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    I can buy fletched arrows for the price of thise things did I read the price right like $14.00 each[:0]

I paid around $15.00 for a 6 pack...So around $2.50 an arrow to fletch...Went on fairly quick and easy. The only thing I dont like about them is the seam is a little thick where it overlaps itself and has an edge on it the whole length...They seem to be holding up after a few rounds but havent got alot of time on them yet.... Flying straight as an arrow[:D][:D][:D]
    091801_1734001.jpg
    edited November -1
    Oh thats not bad those look great I thought that price was for each[:I]
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi All Hubby bought some and already Had three arrows to lose the fletch 1st time he shot em. may want to put a drop of super glue at each end of them. solved his problem
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ladyhunter
    Hi All Hubby bought some and already Had three arrows to lose the fletch 1st time he shot em. may want to put a drop of super glue at each end of them. solved his problem
    Hi and nice to hear from you GOOD TIP
  • BBQGUYBBQGUY Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have been shooting FOB's for three years and I like them. You just have to use a fall away rest and lighted nocks are more difficult, but boy do they fly well. I shoot finger with my back up bow so I use four " fletch on those arrows.
  • chasemdownchasemdown Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just recently bought some an grouped awesome with them when i was practing but thursday i shot a 3 point got a complete pass through an all 3 vanes come off of the arrow so its back to Fobs for me Good luck hunting everyone.
  • edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    How well will they hold up to a whisker bisket? I have one on my bow and it like to destro fletchings.