In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Kodak playsport bow cam

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I mounted this HD kodak playsport cam to my mathews extreme
check out my short vid
http://youtu.be/h65p1bjJdmc

Comments

• westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does the camera have a place on the bottom for it to screw on to the tripod mount or did you have to do some modifications to the camera? I am very impressed with the quality of the video and would like to get something like that to record the action. How long does the battery last while taking video?
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    battery last a long time and it comes with the place to screw in the mount $ for dollar you cant go wrong..
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty cool camera. I'll have to take a look.

One suggestion, can to tilt the mount on your stabilizer? It seems like when you are at draw the "target" or centershot was at the bottom of the screen. When you shot the jump brought the camera of target and out of view. Maybe an adjustment to make the target the center of the view would keep it on frame when the bow jumps.

Cool camera, thanks for the video.[8D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by westernMDhunter
    Does the camera have a place on the bottom for it to screw on to the tripod mount or did you have to do some modifications to the camera? I am very impressed with the quality of the video and would like to get something like that to record the action. How long does the battery last while taking video?

Most all cameras have a place to mount on the bottom even your still shot cams. I'm not sure if they make any that dont have a threaded mounting hole.
    I may be selling my GL2 if anyone is interested, I've been wanting to upgrade to the XHA1S. Gonna wait til I have the XHA1S in my hands first tho. cant hunt without a cam [:D]

Very cool buckey! your liner has some wrinkles tho. [:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by westernMDhunter

Most all cameras have a place to mount on the bottom even your still shot cams. I'm not sure if they make any that dont have a threaded mounting hole.
    I may be selling my GL2 if anyone is interested, I've been wanting to upgrade to the XHA1S. Gonna wait til I have the XHA1S in my hands first tho. cant hunt without a cam [:D]

Very cool buckey! your liner has some wrinkles tho. [:D]
    Thats cause it's old like me LOL
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Appreciate your efforts in posting the video and I will check them out.

My gosh though what a darn headache I developed in moments of watching it though ... boy oh boy it do ache terrible [B)]