In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

3D shoot

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm setting this month's 3D shoot for my club. I'm trying to set some shots up that I have not seen before.
Target 1 is the gator in the river! There is an anchor upstream with 50' of rope. Then another rope to pull it over to the bank to remove arrows.
IMG_20150811_180004_zpsy8swfdez.jpg

I hope people like it! There are a few other unique targets too. Baboon hanging upside down from a limb... Cougar with a solid rock wall behind, and a few others. The stores selling arrows might like me after this one.

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    It looks fun but you might end up being hated too. [:D]
    I did much the same at our BP club. They enjoyed my devilish ways but complained the whole way thru. [;)]
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    I'm setting this month's 3D shoot for my club. I'm trying to set some shots up that I have not seen before.
    Target 1 is the gator in the river! There is an anchor upstream with 50' of rope. Then another rope to pull it over to the bank to remove arrows.

I hope people like it! There are a few other unique targets too. Baboon hanging upside down from a limb... Cougar with a solid rock
    wall behind, and a few others. The stores selling arrows might like me after this one.

A good incentive to aim careful, concentrate and shoot straight. My Gold Tips are about $6.00 each. I hate to lose an arrow. Hunting or target shooting, I try to keep lost arrows to a minimum.

Don
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DONDALINGER
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009

I hope people like it! There are a few other unique targets too. Baboon hanging upside down from a limb... Cougar with a solid rock
    wall behind, and a few others. The stores selling arrows might like me after this one.

A good incentive to aim careful, concentrate and shoot straight. My Gold Tips are about $6.00 each. I hate to lose an arrow. Hunting or target shooting, I try to keep lost arrows to a minimum.

Don

I wish I could go back to shooting cheap arrows. I had to go away from Gold Tip a few years back. Needed heavier and stiffer. I'm now shooting Victory VAP V-1 in 300 spine with stainless inserts. $19 each! The stainless steel inserts add a lot of cost.

I do plan to be there with waders to retrieve lost arrows periodically.