In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Food Plot 2018

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
I have a small food plot behind my house in the woods. This year I planted a mix consisting of 50% forage oats, 20% winter rye, 10% winter wheat, 10% clover and 10% turnips. It is coming up good with all the rain we have been getting. Opening day for archery here is next Saturday, October 6th. The forecast is calling for 86 degrees, so I doubt if I will go. I can't get motivated in this crazy heat. Hoping for a cold front soon. Anybody planning on going?
jUKlS58h.jpg

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    That looks really nice.
    Our seasons started today.
    Mid 80's all week.

I almost have my new 30x40 garage up.
    Then I have to wire, insulate, and sheet the walls.

I'm hoping to get out in the woods by November.
  • wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice looking food plot. Hope you have some luck there. WV season opened the 29th of september, I have not been out yet but my son shot an 8 point.
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats to your son on the 8 point. I may sit on the food plot stand a few evenings after work if it ever cools down. I have other plans for the second weekend and probably will not do a all day hunt until October 20th. We are supposed to get a cold front to cool everything down around October 15th.

Don
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway

I almost have my new 30x40 garage up.
    Then I have to wire, insulate, and sheet the walls.

I'm hoping to get out in the woods by November.

I know how much time and effort goes into those building projects. I have a 2000 square foot garage that I built back in 2006. I did all the electrical, insulation and sheetrock also. This past year I built a 32X36 building to park my new RV in. I also keep my boat, backhoe, quad and a bunch of other stuff in it. Lots of work, but saved a ton of money building it myself.
    6tn7Pywh.jpg
    SYLNsqZh.jpg
    zcj01fgh.jpg
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Love those doors. [:D]