In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bowtech customer service and parts

notafanofbowtechnotafanofbowtech Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Lets talk shop! Tell me about your horrible experience or opinion on Bowtech bows. Bowtech dealer giving you the run around?

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I happen to love my BowTech. The dealer I bought it from was great.
    Sorry to dissappoint.[;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I dont own a bowtech but hung out at a shop that sold them. I've got nothing bad to say. from what I saw Bowtech CS was great
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should have bought a Mathews....I really cant tell you about Mathews CS, because I never need them!
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know if there is any bad CS in archery equipment in general. There are bad shops, but as far as equipment manufacturers they take care of their customers. In a niche market you have to have good customer service or you will not last very long.
  • deerhunter280deerhunter280 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive owned my Bowtech for 3yrs now and i am in love with it 1 pin for 35 yards beat that. Gold Tip arrows with Grim Reaper heads pass through every time ive shot 6 deer with it and never ran more than 50yards. BUY THE WAY MY SERVICE GUY WAS AWESOME.
  • timber40timber40 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had nothing but good luck with my Bowtech Bows... The only service issue I have had in 5 yrs is I was trying to get the new Octane bow string.. I emailed the company to try and find one before a bear hunt in Canada last year. I still have not got a reply back
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't own one either but work and hunt with a couple of guys that has the Bowtech Destroyer and Diamond Outlaw (Made by Bowtech). Both are very happy and gets excellent customer service with them. BTW, they're excellent bows too! [^]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrGunz22
    Should have bought a Mathews....I really cant tell you about Mathews CS, because I never need them!

I have needed them and they were awesome! I called them about an issue and they called my dealer to arrange the repair then called me back and told me when to have my bow to my dealer. How cool was that.
  • deerhunterrickdeerhunterrick Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I used to love BowTech bows. But I did have a problem a few years ago with an Allegence. Both the upper and lower cams rolled over the edge causing the bow to collapse. I took it to a dealer ( whom is out of business now) in Monroe,Mi . Was told it was covered under warranty a you could tell it had not been dryfired or dropped in anyway. That said it cost me $150 to have the cams replaced and a new string. I never shot the bow afterwards. Took it to another "Authorized BowTech Dealer" in Jackson,Mi (the dealer Ted Nugent goes to) great people there by the way. They told me that I was lucky that I had not fired the bow. It had a completely wrong string on the bow. It wasn't a Winners Choice or even a factory BowTech replacement string and totally made out of even the right string material nor the correct length. The modules had been changed as well and were not the correct set for the bow or my draw length. It cost me another $128 to have it corrected. In total it cost me $278 cash for the bow work that wa supposed to be warranteed ,2 round trips of 114 miles total 1 round trip of 158 miles total for a grand total of 272 miles. 2 weeks down time plus 6 hours of travel and 1 hour of service time. I tried to email BowTech about the ordeal and never to this day have I gotten any replies back from them, not one reply back in regards to the problem. Now I find out that the cams on the newer bows were not cut deep enough in the string track causing the string to roll out of the cam and collapse the bow at full draw. I have a nice scar on my left forearm from it. I never shot the bow again and sold it as soon as I got back home that day. Did not trust it again. I have since sold all of my BowTechs ,2 Patriots,2 Allegence,2 Generals. I am in the market for a new Hoyt. I will not be shooting BowTech again unless they make me an offer I cannot refuse. Their Customer Service at company level leaves a nasty feel in my stomach. Most of the dealers unless they really know you will screw you over as fast as they can. Thus!!! I am not a spokesperson for BowTech anymore. Back where I belong with HOYT>