In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Still Antlers?

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
Buddy just checked his camera. Had a buck with nubs showing new growth and then a 10 with both sides in the same pic. Never would of thought they'd still be sporting horns this late.

Comments

• MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not seen a rack in at least 2 months. It's pretty late in the year. Good to know anything is possible
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I saw some pretty late this year, havent seen any recently but I havent seen any deer either, other than in my pen. I also havent heard of anyone finding any sheds yet.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Eastern Ohio we have killed a buck that naturally shed one side in December and my Uncle's father in law shot a buck that had no rack. I believe it is all weather/location affected.
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just saw a small 6 pt. it still had both sides. April 4
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    There is a genetic deformity I saw on Dr. Deer, where they don't drop their antlers.

Instead, the new antler will grow inside the new one. Eventually the old one will fall off as a hollow shell.

These are extremely rare, and worth good $$$.

Ben
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    wasssss up guy's
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    wasssss up guy's

Getting my honey do list done. BTW, when your wife is a teacher, they think that just because they are home all summer, you can do little things like replace the kitchen floor, the porch floor and trim paint, with no problems. "You are not at work Saturday right?"[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    wasssss up guy's

Getting my honey do list done. BTW, when your wife is a teacher, they think that just because they are home all summer, you can do little things like replace the kitchen floor, the porch floor and trim paint, with no problems. "You are not at work Saturday right?"[:D]

Mine was remodel the bath room .. glad it's done.. very hot here like 98 degrees the past few days
    edited November -1
    Very hot here in Ohio too Buckey, how ya been?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    Very hot here in Ohio too Buckey, how ya been?
    pretty good work is overrated.. LOL
    edited November -1
    Heard that Buckey lol