In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2014 prep

wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭
Went out yesterday and cut a dead tree that possibly could have fallen on my daughter's stand during a strong wind storm. There was not a very great chance of this but we did it as a precaution anyway. Also cleared shooting lanes. There was also some tree branches that had fallen over the deer paths and we removed these to make it much easier traveling for the deer. I was afraid that it might make them change their routes slightly so that is the reason for removal of branches in the path. It was a nice day to be out trying to prepare for 2014. Anyone else do any prep yet or plan to soon?

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At the very least, it got you out of the house and moving around. Removing a tree that might damage your stand was probably an OK idea. As far as picking up fallen branches--deer encounter those constantly and don't change travel patterns unless it's a full on blowdown. I'm still trying to catch a warm spell that will allow me to pull the bottom section of the ladder stands. Not going to happen for a while as it -13* right now.
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was nice to get out of the house amd enjoy something that I like to do. Kind of worded it wrong I guess because the branches were from a blowdown that were hanging over top the trails. Deer were weaving in and out while using the trails so I just tried to make it a little easier and trying to keep them from altering their established routes.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    I took my bow in to the shop. Had them add a string loop since I'd never shot one before and also move my kisser button to compensate for my new glasses.
    Paper shot it and all was well.
    I'll have to do some finishing touches on the sights but pretty close now.
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stepped out into the woods to look for sheds but the snow was over my knee high green boots! That's a lot of work. Should have used snow shoes.

Still 2 months until ok till up for radishes, beans and more clover, but looking forward to it.