In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need an opinion

Reaper1862Reaper1862 Member Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
I want to get into the crossbow, had a compound YEARS ago in high school, probably will use it for hunting so what should I start with? Would like something I can learn the craft with and yet be able to use for a while. Thanx

Comments

• Options
    Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    one of my hunt buddies has a ten point (Excalibur) I think it is. It is an unbelievable unit, and is capable of going into multiple animals. gota be sure of the shot.... is was spendy but top notch.
    Rich
  • Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ten Point and Excalibur are two different brands. Both top of the line from what I understand. Excalibur bows are recurve crossbows. I know PSE came out with a crossbow that fits on an AR lower. Its the only crossbow that you can manually lower the string so you dont have to shoot to unload.
  • Options
    Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrGunz22
    Ten Point and Excalibur are two different brands. Both top of the line from what I understand. Excalibur bows are recurve crossbows. I know PSE came out with a crossbow that fits on an AR lower. Its the only crossbow that you can manually lower the string so you dont have to shoot to unload.

I knew it was a ten point, it is a Elite QX4. and it is BAD A**
    Rich