In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

If you are offered

Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in Bow Hunting and Target Archery
a used bow just say no. My dad gave me his old compound (Bear Polar LTD), It is going to cost me a fortune to get set up! Almost better to just buy a new one and start from scratch. He did give me 24 new easton 2117 and a bunch of pieces and parts but most of it won't be needed or just won't work for me. I just hope I can use it for a starter bow for me or the kid.[:)][:(][:0][B)][xx(]

Comments

• bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a Bear Archery bow that was a Polar Bear II. It was pretty out dated when my parents bought it for me on my 15th birthday.(it was used)

Lucky me, when the limb(wood w/ fiberglass lamin.) decided to give out, it was hanging in the closet. Glad I wasn't shooting it when the limb broke.
  • Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This one is pristine. Hope it doesn't break to soon.
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The person that has the most experience with the bow, is the one that is aware of any weaknesses or areas of concern.

Second timers or second users not so.

Many years ago had a great Browning recurve that disintegrated at full draw with hunt ready razor sharp broadheads.

There is not great time for catastrophies, nor near catastrophies, but the time and place were the best possible, under all circumstances.

Personally, I'd definitely have a pro thoroughly check-out a used acquisition, unless I considered myself a pro (and I don't!). [;)]
  • Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm definatly planning on get it tuned and ajusted to my needs.
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still use my original Ben Pearson Bushmaster from 25+ years ago. It's accurate and effective. AND cheap to tuneup when it needs it.

But you're right, I wouldn't give it away or sell it.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    If its not going to cost $1000 or more then its not cheaper to start from scratch. [;)]