In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got me a gobbler

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
Finally connected on a turkey this morning at 6:20 am. They finally did what they were supposed to do.[:D]
Been tough hunting. They were getting pretty tight mouthed. Got set up today and ended up facing the wrong direction from where the birds were.
I moved around the tree and then heard some other birds gobble. Moved to another tree til they flew down. I had a blow down in front of me blocking my vision so I moved yet again. Really glad I did. From my first two spots I doubt it would have worked.
He was a Jake but had a 5 1/2" beard. 23 yrd shot.
I used my H&K Benelli Super 90.
Got one more permit. Might try the bow on that one.

Comments

• Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way to go Chief. Nothing like hunting them thunder chickens. Itchin to get out myself. The opener is May 1 here. Taking my father out for his first turkey hunt (59 yrs old). Should be a hoot. Post some pics if you have em.
  • Options
    edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    season starts may 1 here too. Got a fat tom that has been hangingout in the back field for the last few weeks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not the best but here he is

[img][/img]turkey12011.jpg
  • Options
    Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good going. [:D]
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good deal, I missed a nice gobbler last friday with my bow. Tons of rain here in ohio lately. I am going back all weekend with the bow. Already downed a jake myself with the 12 ga.
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How can you tell it isn't the best, when you haven't even got the feathers off it yet?

Looks tasty to me, and I'm betting that if you took care of it, it'll be tops.

Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Alan Rushing

How can you tell it isn't the best, when you haven't even got the feathers off it yet?

Looks tasty to me, and I'm betting that if you took care of it, it'll be tops.

Congratulations!

Not the best picture is what I meant. [;)]
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know that I'm playing with you. [:)]
    You have reason to be proud.
    Great going with the birds ... and the photos are fine ... just not enough, you know! [;)]
    Great job. [^]