In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Crossbow recommendations?

BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
Headed to cabelas with a buddy tomorrow. And I've been looking at them for a while, but the way the technology is changing pretty fast on those and I'm not sure which brand is good nor what features are must have these days...

Suggestions welcome!

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even the lower priced Barnett x-bows are good stuff. I recommended them to a couple of friends and both bought and were very impressed.
  • BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. I'll spend some more time on their site and see if I can have something figured out before I walk in...
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My friends bought the Jackal model(under $300). I shot one of them and it's every bit as good as my more expensive Revolution-nearly as fast but shoots 20" bolts vs my 22". On target accuracy is surprising. 3" groups @ 40 yards with broadheads and very flat trajectory.
  • BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I used some cabelas points today. The folks in the archery dept were of little help. But then as I was looking around, I spotted a guy with a Harley shirt. So I asked him if he knew much about crossbows. Man did he, he should have worked there! Wetalkedabout ows and bikes.

He had 3 Ten Points, and spend a fair amount of time showing me the features that were different from the others. So I ended up with a Wicked Ridge. Sighted it in with 4 shots. The margin of error is all on me at 25 yards in a 2 inch circle.

Now if I can only see a deer!
  • tesoronuttesoronut Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good choice. I have a Horton Summit 150 as well as a Barnett C5. Both fairy inexpensive and good.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Barnett Predator that they will pry from my cold dead hands.

I bought the "scoped" model instead of the red dot scope model. It has 5 lines in the scope. I set my first line at 15yrds. The other lines are were they lay. Mine happens to be 40yrs for the 2nd and 70yrds for the 3rd. Never have shot the 4th & 5th line yet.

175lb draw & 375FPS.