In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

shot one

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
And never found him. It was totally a bad shot on my part. I thought it was a dink then he came out from behind the brush. I rushed it and shot high. have looked for that last two days. Thought he was in the standing corn but they took the corn out yesterday and nothing. after watching the video over and over I believe the guy is still alive. here is a cell phone pic of the video so its not pretty.

mms_picture-1.jpg

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    wanna borrow my glasses[:D]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, Too bad,That sucks, Nice one too...You know anyone with a deer-runnin {bad} Coonhound/beagle??...If you know anyone that has one they'll usually locate a wounded/bedded-up/healing/resting one pretty fast...So I've been told by a few!
    I F%#@&$^ HATE losing a deer!
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Sorry man. I know how you feel. Just remember that you did all you could. Doesn't matter if it has big horns or a yearling doe. Still a bad feeling loosing one. Keep your chin up.
  • edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    How far was the shot? Did you find your arrow and if so what color was the blood? You can tell alot by the color of the the blood and how the arrow looks afterwards
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice looking buck. Have a hunter friend join you and do a survey of the area for signs. If there are none. Look for another opportunity at that trophy!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Was gonna call about dogs but they took the corn out and I was told they probably would not be able to pick up the trail cause it would all be scattered. Never found the arrow either, did not get a complete pass threw but it was stickin out both sides. This is not woods Im hunting tho guys this is open field country, just small simple little tree lines here and there. shot was 5 yrds roughly, I know less that 7 cause I have a 7 yrd tree marked and the tree line is 10 max. Got it all on video but when I tried to load it it said it was to big or actually it exceeded the bandwith or something. Speakin of video if any of you are on facebook, look up, Drag'em Out, and send a friend request we have some short video clips up. A small promo vid, part of a Canada bear hunt I think he got the Wyoming pronghorn vid up too
  • edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    Watch the sky for crows and turkey vultures. If he is dead they will find him and give you a good place to look. We found a 4 pointer that my freinds son shot last year by watching were the crows were landing in a feild. The deer had bedded down on a little island in the middle of a stream that noone thaought to check.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by edgecam
    Watch the sky for crows and turkey vultures. If he is dead they will find him and give you a good place to look. We found a 4 pointer that my freinds son shot last year by watching were the crows were landing in a feild. The deer had bedded down on a little island in the middle of a stream that noone thaought to check.

I have been, drive those roads everyday so I watch
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Was gonna call about dogs but they took the corn out and I was told they probably would not be able to pick up the trail cause it would all be scattered. Never found the arrow either, did not get a complete pass threw but it was stickin out both sides. This is not woods Im hunting tho guys this is open field country, just small simple little tree lines here and there. shot was 5 yrds roughly, I know less that 7 cause I have a 7 yrd tree marked and the tree line is 10 max. Got it all on video but when I tried to load it it said it was to big or actually it exceeded the bandwith or something. Speakin of video if any of you are on facebook, look up, Drag'em Out, and send a friend request we have some short video clips up. A small promo vid, part of a Canada bear hunt I think he got the Wyoming pronghorn vid up too

Actually its Team Drag'em Out. the other one wont get you as much to see