In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

hoyt or mathews

wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭
Going to buy a new bow soon. Either a Mathews z series or the new hoyt crx line. Have owned both hoyt and mathews and am leaning hoyt. What do you think?

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Which ever one feels the best to you. Shoot them both then buy a BowTech.[:D]
    The one you feel the most comfortable with is the one you will shoot the best.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Both are Good bows like Cheif said you have to go shoot them
    with that being said tha mathews will hold it;s value better than the Hoyt
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed with others here.

Both good Mathews has better chance.
  • jakesheekjakesheek Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iv been shooting bows for years, used to compete. Iv shot both. Both are really nice bows but Id learn toward matthews
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    I personally shoot a Hoyt Alpha-Max, t he smoothest and one of the quietest bows I know of. I won't claim it's any "better" than a number of other top-notch bows, but if you don't at least give it a serious look you're only doing yourself an injustice [;)]
  • Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am anti Matthews just because of the mentality of most who refuse to accept the fact that there are others just as good if not better!
    I have shot them have buddies that own them, I do not get all the hupla.... i am sure to take some flaming for that, but don't care.
    I do like the hoyt carbon max I think it is called.
    I shoot a PSE XFORCE TS. I live in Arizona they are made here in Tucson and I picked mine out at their Proshop.
    It is as said above though you need to get one that is good for you and not waht others think you should get. when I was choosing a new Bow I went to a few local shops and spent a few hours for a few weeks shooting every bow they had hanging. I really liked the Browning Illusion, this was in 2008.
    Richard
  • chasemdownchasemdown Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Which ever one feels the best to you. Shoot them both then buy a BowTech.[:D]
    The one you feel the most comfortable with is the one you will shoot the best.

I agree With him Love my bowtech[:D] but if i had to choose i would choose the Hoyt Element lightweight tough all you could ask for in a bow. Whatever you choose your getting top quality bows
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Richie Rich
    I am anti Matthews just because of the mentality of most who refuse to accept the fact that there are others just as good if not better!

Depends on what your comparing, cant compare apples to oranges by that I mean you need to compare like models. I have a SBXT and shot a Alpha Max not apples to apples Alpha max was what last years model or 2 years. Mine is an 06. However having said that my SBXT was a better bow imo. [:D] That dang General tho that was nice in its day
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mathews spends more on marketing than most other companies combined.

Ive shot Bear, Golden Eagle, Xi, Mathews and Hoyts through the years.

My preference is Hoyt. They just shoot good for me.
  • windwalkerwindwalker Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hoyt all the way
    costimer service is unmatched
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by windwalker
    Hoyt all the way

See, I'd have to say the same about Mathews. [:D]
  • Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Hoyt all the way

yep, and every person will say the same thing about what they shoot!
    that is why you need to go to a shop and shoot every bow you can your hands on. don't just get a bow because someone says it is the best and oh yea I shoot one. get what you are comfortable and can shot.
    Richard
  • windwalkerwindwalker Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Hoyt all the way

that is why you need to go to a shop and shoot every bow you can your hands on. don't just get a bow because someone says it is the best and oh yea I shoot one. get what you are comfortable and can shot.
    Richard

Yep what he said.
    good advice
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was a loyal Hoyt owner for years. Last year when in the market for a new bow, I shot as many as I could. By far my choice was a Mathews Monster 7. I have 65% cams, and 60lb limbs on mine. What an awesome machine! Fast, quiet, and just a pleasure to shoot. I'm a convert, and have no plans on looking at anything new this year.

As others have said... Go shoot them and pick the one that is the best for you.
  • bilwitbilwit Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love my Matthews...fast and quiet right from the manufacturer. I'm sure both will accomplish the same. However, I had a Hoyt in the past, and my vote is for Matthews!
    edited November -1

Hoyt all the way

Richard

Agreed, shoot as many as possible and pick what feels and fits you the best.
    edited November -1
    I got the itch another bow review comming soon... [:0]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    I got the itch another bow review comming soon... [:0]

If you were an indian your name would be, man of many bows. [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy