In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hunting and Camping Time

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
Getting the camper loaded up. I'm headed to my Cass Co lease ground in the am. Get it set up at Panther Creek then hunting tomorrow night thru to Sunday am. Holding out for this freaky 14+ we got on camera. hard to count what he's got going on on his left side. Will take a doe Sat night if one presents.
With the weather an the moon an rut, it ought to be a heck of a weekend.
You'all enjoy an behave

Comments

• KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Good luck man hope you nail the freak. I love a trashy set of antlers, but haven't had the chance to take one yet.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck!

I may get out for my first hunt this year if the weather keeps cool.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I had a great time. Weather was decent and saw either deer or turkeys every trip. Passed on a gnarly racked 6 Sat. am. Trail camera pics showed me I sat in the wrong stand Friday as the "Freak Nasty" buck was on it right before sun down.
    Now I'm cleaning up the carnage of the camper and getting it winterized.
    Had a buddy show up Sat. and he's ready to take it over again. Told me if we do, he'd pay for the water line anti-freeze.[:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    We were in S. Illinois in the woods for 9 days, I got a buck with a bow on Monday morn. using the weeze, same thing I used to kill my Central Illinois Buck. I also got a doe opening morning of gun season. In total I am 4 down for the season, 3 with the bow and 1 with the gun.
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    We were in S. Illinois in the woods for 9 days, I got a buck with a bow on Monday morn. using the weeze, same thing I used to kill my Central Illinois Buck. I also got a doe opening morning of gun season. In total I am 4 down for the season, 3 with the bow and 1 with the gun.

Very nice congrats!
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    My gun season was terrible. Hoping that it turns around Thursday.