In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1st night on stand

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Last night was my first time on stand this year. On the way in I saw 2 fawns. No doe with them- she may have been taken earlier in the season. Then up the tree in the climber. Got the stand set, hangers for the bow, and backpack, pull on the rope... untied from the bow. Climb back down, tie the bow, climb back up.
Finally all set. Ended up seeing the 2 fawns 3 more times, 2 larger doe, and 4 small bucks-two forks and two 6's (traveling in 2's).
A fun night in the stand, despite the trips up and down the tree. I have some really sore ab muscles today! You can bet I'll be back out there soon.

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like fun...
    Regarding those 6 pack abs. Reminds me to start working out for the climbing season.
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well atleast your gettin visuals on your first sit!...My first sit will start with cleaning up all the granola-bars that the * like to leave in my stands,adjusting slopped out straps,climbing back down to break off branches that grew into my shooting lanes,forgeting something at home!?...Old habits die-hard![:D]
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Headed out friday afternoon, had a flat on the trailer on the way. Broke the jack but another hunter stopped to help. Finally made it and got set up. Did some last minute tweeking as season didn't open until saturday morning. Long story short, I was out there saturday, sunday, monday, tuesday and wednesday. Saw some squirrels, lots of squirrels but no deer.

Bode