In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shed Find

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
Found this while scouting some new hunting ground.
Looks pretty promising.[:D]

[img][/img]shed.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice, what state is that in?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horney toad
    Nice, what state is that in?

Cass County, Ill
  • Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice find. I've only been out twice, zero sheds. Hard to tell from the pic.....What do you think it will score? Nice kicker
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beautiful Chief.

Way to go!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrGunz22
    Nice find. I've only been out twice, zero sheds. Hard to tell from the pic.....What do you think it will score? Nice kicker

140's I'm guessing. That one was 61"
  • Options
    B&G ClingerB&G Clinger Member Posts: 1,789 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very nice. I have done lots of walking, but never found anything like that!
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice find. Might be worth getting to know the lay of that land real well.

Around many of the places that I've hunted the deer migrate a good bit. I'd imagine that some of those deer in your neck of the woods shift about through the seasons. Is that so?

Hope that you can pick-up on him through the year from now and on into the season.

Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Alan Rushing

Nice find. Might be worth getting to know the lay of that land real well.

Around many of the places that I've hunted the deer migrate a good bit. I'd imagine that some of those deer in your neck of the woods shift about through the seasons. Is that so?

Hope that you can pick-up on him through the year from now and on into the season.

Let us know how it goes.

Yes. They travel quite a bit. Just gotta be there when they pass by.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What a shock that you replied while I was here. Yeah, I've lived in whitetail country quite a bit as a kid and while in the military, but have never hunted them. Do recall as a kid that they seemed to shift their where abouts seasonally, as well as thru the day and the week. So just sort of checking if that were the way it actually goes with them.

Hope that you will learn that one well ... or baring that, somehow luck into him when it counts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    With me it will be luck into him. [:D]
    Just gotta be scent free and be in the right place at the right time.
    THEN, not screw it up.
    Love the chance though. Everyday in the tree is a new opportunity.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hear you with that. If some luck goes your way before season, you may be able to pick up on him some ... get to see some of the places he frequents. Hoping sometimes helps too.

Think that shed antlers or odd sightings can keep a person shcerged up and motivated, gives one something visual to sight in on mentally.

I've always appreciated tree stands and took to them for bow hunting, after climbing trees as a youth and seeing so much wild life. Heck, even people walked by never seeing me. I was not wearing camo or hiding, but it worked better than I could have hoped. Ever since then I've preferred when archery hunting deer, to use a tree stand. Whether I connect with the deer ... I enjoy all the wild life that I can observe without being seen or scented.
  • Options
    bilwitbilwit Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1