In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

crossbow with open sights?

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
I was conditionally invited on an archery elk hunt-the condition being I qualify for a handicapped exemption to use a crossbow.
Since I have not doubt I can qualify, my question is whether I can find a crossbow with factory installed or at least factory option for open sights. The state doesn't allow any optics and my present cross bow is a "flat top".
If I'm going to have to fabricate an open sight setup from scratch, I need to get started right away.

Comments

• Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife has open sights on her Horton. The scope rail came off and she has a peep site that attached to the same screw holes
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What about the front sight? The ones I've seen had a yoke over the arrow track which would make it more difficult to set the arrow.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Update for any who might be interested. I posted a similar thread on another forum and a Barnett employee replied that the company can provide what I need.
    Also, I printed off the Colorado application(which is not all that different from MO)to take in to my next DR visit. The difference appears to be that MO accepts the DR statement outright while CO may be more difficult(especially with nonresidents).