In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Theives.

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
I finally got my archery range built last week. I went to the club and to my shock, all my targets were gone[:(!][:(!][:(!] Some buzzard cut the welds on the target frames and stole them. I had them welded in a steel frame and cemented in the ground.They were 30x30 spyder web targets.I want to cry. They also tore down my 16' high tower and destroyed it. We know it is a member but cant prove it. You need a key to get in the gate. I now have offically closed the range[V]We cant afford to replace all that has been damaged.The insurance will not cover it because we hadn't put it on the policy yet.The cops said there is nothing we can do about it and seemed like they didn't even want to do a report.I feel defeated.

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Nothing worse than a thief. [:(!]
    Especially one you know.
    Hopefully word will get back to ya thru the grapevine. Scum like to brag.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Chief. Iam feeling really mad and down right now. I want to catch the buzzard really bad so I can punch him out
    edited November -1
    At my BP club, they had to put up trail cameras. Someone was stealing the firewood.
    I do hope you find out who it was.
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A member? That's crazy. What kind of scum would steal from his own club. Must be a real DB. Sorry to hear about your range. Hopefully they somehow find their way back
    edited November -1
    Was the damage only to the archery range? Maybe someone has a problem with it.
    Your problem still pisses me off.
    Good luck catching them.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Was the damage only to the archery range? Maybe someone has a problem with it.
    Your problem still pisses me off.
    Good luck catching them.

No, they been stealing all our scrap metal for our target frames. We put up trail cams but got no pics. They know they are there, that is why we suspect a member. I got them well hidden too. You also need a key to get into the place
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a bunch of "real winners". They steal from their own club. When I saw the title of this thread. I thought it was about game cams. We have a major problem with that here. I have them disappear all the time and they are all on private property. I just can't stand it. Hunters stealing from hunters.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrGunz22
    Sounds like a bunch of "real winners". They steal from their own club. When I saw the title of this thread. I thought it was about game cams. We have a major problem with that here. I have them disappear all the time and they are all on private property. I just can't stand it. Scum stealing from hunters.

There, fixed it for ya.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear the bad news ... know that you had been excited about getting the place all set-up and all.

Unfortunately there are more than too many thieves to go all abouts. Of course, one thief would be way too many for certain.

Wish that there were a quick and easy means of eliminating all the thieves from our midst and our surroundings as well!

Hope that you folks catch the so and so / or the so and sos dead to rights and that sooner rather than later there is a happy ending to your story!

Best wishes for a successful scout, search and hunt. [:)] [;)] [:D]