In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Virginia Buck pics

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
Not archery kills, but I wanted to share a few pics from the Old Dominion (Virginia). The really wide buck came from a local military base (Fort Lee) that allows hunting. Fort Lee consistently produces wide bucks. The side profile buck came from Smyth County which is mountain country. The buck with the young lady came from New Kent County which also consistently produces nice bucks. This year has been outstanding here in Virginia as opposed to last season which was stifled due to the EHD outbreak. Don
Fort%20Lee_zpsl5jhmtwj.jpg
Chilhowie_zpsuo5zdo0z.jpg
Saunders%20buck_zpskd07bugk.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard to believe those are real [:0]
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Virginia consistently produces big racked bucks every year. They are real indeed[:D]. The average body weight however is 125 to 150 and once in a blue moon they will get up to around 200 pounds, but rarely. I guess due to our mild climate, more goes into antler growth[;)] than body size. Check out this website for some impressive Virginia bucks...

http://www.vawhitetails.com/category/elites/
  • Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never thought of the climate..horn vs fat.. My buddy got a 7pt this many would pass because he was small, but weighed every bit of 220lbs.

I got a few weeks left before our bow season closes, hopefully I will have a fat one to post on here, we got a bunch of snow recently sonic guessing that will help