In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A place to shoot in the winter?

OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
What kind of facilities do you guys have available to you?

What kind of range fees if any do you/would you pay to use them?

Comments

• OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The reason I ask is that I am VP of a gun club and we have been approached by local archers (about 200) looking for a place to build an indoor facility. We are more than happy and want them to build the building on "our" property. They aren't so happy with the fact that they would then have to join the "gun club" every year ($100) to continue to have 24/7 access to the the building.

What am I missing here?
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could make a deal with a local range for your org. I shoot in my attic in winter.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Range fees vary but i've seen $2.00/$3.00 range fees. I shoot outside
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

That is a cheap rate. Our local indoor range is $8 an hour. Outdoor range is $75 a year.

Archers are very funny group. Most will not flinch at dropping $1K on a bow, but not want to spend $10 to shoot it.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009

That is a cheap rate. Our local indoor range is $8 an hour. Outdoor range is $75 a year.

Archers are very funny group. Most will not flinch at dropping $1K on a bow, but not want to spend $10 to shoot it.

Shooot you can do a techno hunt for $10/hr
  • DeerquiverDeerquiver Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Range fees here vary also but you can buy a day permit for $10 (just for archery range $20 per day for gun & bow) and a yearly permit for $50 for both gun and bow so I buy the yearly permit
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Local indoor range is $25/hr here. Its only $22/hr to use the rifle range at the same place....Crazy. I shoot outside. I have a few 3D targets at diff. ranges and shoot mostly from my deck. $2 0r $3 bang? how can that place stay open? I need to relocate. The price of everything is crazy here in NY.
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1

At current membership dues we are looking at 27 cents a day!

quote:Archers are very funny group. Most will not flinch at dropping $1K on a bow, but not want to spend $10 to shoot it.

I am learning this, very strange indeed

We currently have target bails at 20,40,60 &80 yards and some 20 odd 3d targets that they can set up where ever they want withing the range boundaries and they still won't come out and play @ 27 cents a day.

Now they want a place to build a building so they can shoot indoors in the winter and they are hung up on the $$