In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

another buck

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
This was a video but everytime I download it to bucket it comes out blury??? wasssss up with that??
so I captured it as an image quality not great but wide typical 8pt
IM000016-1.jpg

Comments

• BBQGUYBBQGUY Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BBQGUY
    In velvet?
    yes but that was two weeks ago and I think he's out by now
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by huntsman53
    Nice Buck! Just imagine what he will have on his' head next year! Kind of reminds me of 3 year old 8 pt. Buck I took many years ago in West Virginia after a disappointing morning hoping to get a shot at a monster 14 pointer. I took him at exactly 1:30 PM, he had a 20 1/2 inch spread and scored 122 Boone & Crockett points.

Good luck...Frank

thanks frank there are a couple of god one I have my eye on they seem to lnow when I;m out there with the bow
    edited November -1
    thanks frank there are a couple of good ones I have my eye on they seem to know when I'm out there with the bow
    [/quote]

buckeyboy,

Tell us what is happening when you say that they seem to know when you are out with the bow and maybe we can give you some pointers that will help you score on one. We need to know your setup (ground or treestand), some idea of where it is located (over or near feeding trails, rub lines or over a scrape. Also, on a flat, on a ridge, in a saddle, etc.) and if possible, could you draw a map no matter how rough it is? Are you wearing duck type boots and cover scents when walking in and do you use any type of cover scent and lure at your setup. Are the deer seeing or scenting you or both?

Frank

[/quote]Not getting winded yes I watch my scent treestand setup
    we did see him at last light last weekend.. pretty sure Ill get a crack at him.. there are so many acorns now they are not haveing to move too much.. plus its been real warm
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by buckeyboyNot getting winded yes I watch my scent treestand setup we did see him at last light last weekend.. pretty sure Ill get a crack at him.. there are so many acorns now they are not haveing to move too much.. plus its been real warm.[/quote]

Have you seen him several times coming from or in the same general location and was he headed towards a feeding area? If so to both, then you might try using a climbing stand and find a setup 100 yards towards where you are seeing him. In other words, since light is a problem, by closing the distance between you and where he is coming from, you might just get an opportunity for a shot before the light is gone! I wouldn't move a stand that you already have in place because doing so would make the Deer that are coming in wary, more watchful and they may avoid the area for quite awhile.

Good luck!

Frank

[/quote]Thanks for the reply frank not sure wher he is feedind there are so many acorns that they are literly rolling under your feet so there dosent seem to be any pattern Kinda stumped just going to keep at it there is just all forest here no fields farm ect they just seem to wonder wherever main trails are my best bet
    edited November -1
    I was waiting for him I have passed 3 does and a 1 antlerd buck i appriciate the advice think I will take the climbing stand next time I was trying not to have to spred too much scent looking for another set up but it;s time
    thanks again Frank