In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Glasses, UGH

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
So I get new glasses and go out to shoot. I find that I can not use my anchor point because when I do I get double vision thru my glasses.[V]
So now, two weeks before season starts, I have to not only move my sights up but also, have to shoot enough to get used to the new anchor point.
Been shooting at the range on the way home from work then going out a couple hours later to shoot.

Comments

• Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    New frame Bifocals? and trying to keep them from being ripped off your face?

Not trying to be funny[V]
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the same problem with my glasses. Last few years I used contacts.

I am ordering a new pair of shooting glasses soon. They are the ones that have big lenses that almost touch in the middle, prevents the double vision from the edge of the lens/frame.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bifocals yes. No problem with clearance.
    I had thought about getting a pair with just the near nearsightedness lenses but, I would have the same problem.
    I wear small frame glasses so I think that the double vision comes from trying to look out of the corner of the lens.
    I just have to accept the fact that I HAVE to wear them and adjust my bow and anchor point accordingly.
    I still HATE looking through my binocs and range finder with them tho. Not sure if I'll ever get used to that.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just hit 50 last week and my eye sight went all to heck. Going to the eye doctors soon to get glasses. I was thinking of getting contact lenses so I won't have to worry about them fogging while hunting and shooting. Getting old sucks[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I just hit 50 last week and my eye sight went all to heck. Going to the eye doctors soon to get glasses. I was thinking of getting contact lenses so I won't have to worry about them fogging while hunting and shooting. Getting old sucks[xx(]

Yes it does. My body is older than my years though. New hips 10 years ago. Bifocals last year. I'm only 44.
    Guess you just learn to live with it.