In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Riser Grips? Or Stablizer?

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
I love my PSE DNA Dream Season, but at full draw I get a slight shake in my left arm and I don't know if it would be better to add a thicker grip or add weight to the front or both.

Today I shot 6-5rnd reps. Crap groups 3"@25 at first, better midway 1.5"@25, crap at the end. When I was younger I could sink 3 out of 5 in a empty shotgun shell at 40 yards.

Any help input is welcome-[:)]

Comments

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    I wish I could help you but, I have nothing.
  • Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you shooting with a stabilizer now? Sounds like you may want to back off on the draw weight a bit.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seek out a local target shooter to show you proper back tension shooting form. I don't want to confuse this with shooting a back tension hinge style release. Just to use the larger muscles between your shoulderblades to hold the weight rather than your arms. Keeping a slight bend in the elbow of your bow arm, and a very relaxed grip on the bow helps this as well.

I do shoot with a stabilizer on my M7, but on there more for creating balance in follow through than to keep the bow from moving while held drawn.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Seek out a local target shooter to show you proper back tension shooting form. I don't want to confuse this with shooting a back tension hinge style release. Just to use the larger muscles between your shoulderblades to hold the weight rather than your arms. Keeping a slight bend in the elbow of your bow arm, and a very relaxed grip on the bow helps this as well.

I do shoot with a stabilizer on my M7, but on there more for creating balance in follow through than to keep the bow from moving while held drawn.

Thanks! The input helps! I know form is 99% of everything. I have put this years Turkey hunt on hold till I feel that I am 100% back in the zone with bow. At best I am at 85% at 25 yards. I want to be at 99% Cold draw- shoot @ 35+.
  • Options
    azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would stay with a narrow grip and keep your bow hand relaxed. Find an indoor archery shop and try a few stabilizers at different lengths and weights. Try to get the shot off within a count of 5. Archery is a never ending journey.