In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

8 point down (smokepole)

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
I was hunting this morning at a farm I have never hunted before and 5 minutes in the stand, this guy strolls by with his nose on the ground. Swollen neck and wet tarsal glands, a full rut buck. Had a nice tall rack, just not real wide. Very glad to get him.

Don
20138point_zpsdc169039.jpg

Comments

• Options
    swearengineswearengine Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!!! A very nice buck. What did you use for a weapon? What is the story?
    Again, Congratulations.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^]Nice buck
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats, nice looking buck.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice enough to pay the taxidermist where I come from[8][8D]

pretty deer, well done.
  • Options
    edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    great deer congrats.
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by swearengine
    Congratulations!!!! A very nice buck. What did you use for a weapon? What is the story?
    Again, Congratulations.

I used my 50 caliber muzzleloader. It was one of those situations of "right place at the right time"[:)]. I hunted with a friend on his farm. I had not ever set foot on this land prior to that morning, never scouted it, used a ladder/platform stand that he had built and lucked out. I was in the stand 5 minutes and this buck comes walking down a creek about 60 yards away with his nose to the ground. I put a good shot on him taking out both lungs and watched him go down after a short run. This was the last day for blackpowder and I had hunted hard all week without even seeing a spike, so I was glad to get this one.

Good luck to all and be safe, Don
  • Options
    swearengineswearengine Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DONDALINGER
    quote:Originally posted by swearengine
    Again, Congratulations.

I used my 50 caliber muzzleloader. It was one of those situations of "right place at the right time"[:)]. I hunted with a friend on his farm. I had not ever set foot on this land prior to that morning, never scouted it, used a ladder/platform stand that he had built and lucked out. I was in the stand 5 minutes and this buck comes walking down a creek about 60 yards away with his nose to the ground. I put a good shot on him taking out both lungs and watched him go down after a short run. This was the last day for blackpowder and I had hunted hard all week without even seeing a spike, so I was glad to get this one.

Good luck to all and be safe, Don

Good story. As I always say, if you are to choose between luck and skill, you have to choose luck every time.
    Again, Congratulations!
  • Options
    saserbysaserby Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's nice. Congrats! It makes it worth the wait when you get a nice one on the last day.
  • Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beautiful buck.....perfectly symmetrical. Nice shooting too!! Way to go!