In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Liven Up Guys

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
[:D]
It's dead here.
Been hotter than all get out. Got our first good rain last night in over 2 months. Looking like upper 90's all week.
I'd like to get out and clear some shooting lanes but don't want to melt doing it. I had moved a stand in April and it is going to need some major clearing.

Comments

• Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been doing just that today. Clearing out a walking path on a old road that has grown up over the last 70 years. Was able to do this to give access to a flat on a ridge that was covered up in buck rubs and scrapes last year. Very good trail thru area now with plenty of droppings. Plan on setting a feeder and placing a blind for my 12 year old daughter to hunt from. She has a new youth bow and has been practicing regularly. Looking to get a 20 yd shot, but would let her shoot 30 if it is clear and a good opportunity presents itself. She is doing quite well in her practice sessions. She is shooting 37 lbs right now and pulling it well, will try to move into the 40's before the season starts. Wish her luck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Very much luck to her.
  • Options
    edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    I have a few stands to move but it too hot to be playing right now. maybe in a couple weeks it will cool down some.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    You got rain??????? I dont like you. [:D]Its bad over here. real bad and fixin to get serious.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    You got rain??????? I dont like you. [:D]Its bad over here. real bad and fixin to get serious.

Some got more than others. We got less than a half inch. Fields looking terrible. Agree on the serious part.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    2 tenths is all we have had all summer [xx(]
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been seeing several bucks out in midafternoon. Probably moving to water or better shade. Saw the biggest 6 point I've ever seen within the city limits of a little town two weeks ago. 16" wide with 12-15" back tines. No brow tines but very well matched side to side. Had several seconds to look him over after he hopped off the highway.
    Looking forward to some cooler weather and moisture.
    Got a handicapped permit to use a crossbow this year.
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crops are hurting here in OHIO, corn isn't going to make it. Gas is going to sky rocket, plus the deer aren't eatting what they usually do. Hung a camera over a water hole and had 35 pictures lol. [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1