In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

In the twang game, again

roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
I am now back into bows.. Love me some gun hunting but have never harvested a deer with a bow and am trying to do it. also the season here is an additional 30 days!!! So over the last 10 years, I have progressed from a PSE bow to a crossbow and now just got a Sammick Sage and finally have arrows. shot it today and some last week. I have a very decent plastic arrow shelf that sort of bends toward the target to not have a fletching be an issue. I am going to put a 3 pin site on it. I found out that Tred Barta had an incident that paralyzed his legs due to some sort of lack of blood to his spine... I really like the fishing and hunting that he did with his stalk up till you can gut them with a bowie knife or catch a 2000 lbs Marlin on 8 lb test... he is a tough one. Well the guy is still hunting with a longbow so why cant I do it/?? He is a love or hate type of guy. I hope only the best for him in the recovery- RN
Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.

Comments

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best feeling a hunter can have is harvesting a buck with a bow. It not only takes luck but a lot of skill and practice. I have harvested some of my nicest deer with a bow. I got the compound and crossbow fever but now I am back to using my recurve. Now that's Bow hunting. I shoot a browning recurve with wooden arrows. It definitly takes some skill. Welcome back brother. Oakie
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    I was raised with a recurve. Then Bear came out with compounds and of course I jumped on the band wagon. Now I strictly hunt recurve. I used to use a 70# but with arthritis in my shoulders I had to drop to a 55#.