In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bekah's tree stand

wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭
Bekah's tree stand we just completed and the buck she harvested during the 2012 Ky youth season.

[img][/img]011onj.jpg
076zh.jpg
075vox.jpg
074tb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice Holiday Inn tree stand! Looks like a good look out.[:D]

PLEASE............be sure to check the wood around the screws when ever it gets wet out. I had a friend that built a similar structure. The wood soaked up some water after a year or two, then the heads pulled through & he found himself on the ground the fast way! He slid 18th down the tree on his face. The only thing that probably saved him.

I wrote whate I did to make you aware, not to scare. Hate for someones kid to get hurt.[B)]
  • Options
    edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    Great looking deer and stand. It is good to see today's youth enjoying the outdoors.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Sweet stand and deer. Congrats to Bekah
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info Bam. Plan to use thompson's water seal on this later in the year and I will be keeping an eye on all parts of this stand as both my daughter and son will both be using it, hopefully for several years. Have built several stands in the past (although not quite like this one) and have had problems with tree growth, so this one had a little more thoughtput into it and we incorporated ideas to allow for tree growth. Also my daughter did not want to be in the stand by herself so we had to make it a little larger and much easier and safer to get in. That is the reason for the steps. Put the railing around for two purposes, Number one and the most important was to keep her from possibly falling out from excitement when trying to shoot at a deer and also to staple some camo burlap to it that I purchased at Tractor supply. Camo burlap all around it should hide us real well. Thanks for the thoughts and any ideas are always welcome.
  • Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow....Awesome stand!! You guys sure do know how to hunt in style down there.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Nice, and congrats to her on the deer
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice buck and congrats to you young lady.Now, does that tree stand, Holiday inn suite, come with a whirlpool jacuzzi???[:D][:D][:D] Just kidding. I would love to have a stand like that. Oakie