In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

taged one tonight.

edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
Went out again tonight. It was pooring again. I was in my backup stand in a pine tree trying to a little dry. Was there about 45 minutes and little 5 point comes out followed by a 2.5 year old 4 point. they took off towards my primary stand and got nervous and turned around and walked 25 yards from me broadside. I let the 5 point go, he will be real nice in A couple years if noone elseshoots him. I shot the 4 point and he walked about 15 yards to a ditch and I thought for sure I missed him. He looked at the ditch and turned around and fell over dead. He weighed 140 pounds. I will get pics up tomorrow.

Comments

• woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear it Ron Congrats
    Can't wait to see pics[^]
    Woody
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    cool cant wait to see pix
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awesome....cant wait to see the pics. 11 more days to the opener here
  • edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    I tried to post the pics. all I got was a red x., If someone will post the let me know and I will send an e-mail.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by edgecam
    I tried to post the pics. all I got was a red x., If someone will post the let me know and I will send an e-mail.
    send the pix to me at
    prusso@bradfordsoap.com
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    send the pix to me at
    prusso@bradfordsoap.com

Email sent thanks buckeyboy
    edited November -1
    edgecams picture Great photo congrads
    buck.jpg
    edited November -1
    Thanks buckey.

My boys were so excited they were waiting in the garage when I got home. I took the oldest one out with me lastnight. We saw 2 deer and 17 turkey. He wants to take the hunter saftey course so he can shoot his own deer. He is only 5 so it will be a .couple years
    edited November -1
    Thanks buckey.

My boys were so excited they were waiting in the garage when I got home. I took the oldest one out with me lastnight. We saw 2 deer and 17 turkey. He wants to take the hunter saftey course so he can shoot his own deer. He is only 5 so it will be a .couple years

Thats awsome two years will fly by . well for you at leaste
    edited November -1
    Thanks buckey,

I got the photobucket thing all figured out now.
    edited November -1
    Thanks buckey,

I got the photobucket thing all figured out now.
    cool lets see some more deer along with those cute Kids!!!!!
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats, for the buck, but especially for your sons.

It's good seeing them excited and happy for you in scoring. Very good.

By the way, what are the age requirements for a person to be allowed to hunt in your State?

I realize that with archery it is quite a challenge to get a kid up to speed for hunting game.

When my kids were young, I took them scouting and then took them for rifle hunts for moose and the like. I carried one rifle and the two of them shared another rifle.

For us, that worked well, and they both were definitely hunting and sharing with everything else as well. Just thinking.

And again, thanks for the photo ... the only thing better, would have been having more of them!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1