In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Scored a Doe

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
Shot a 90 lb doe tonight. It came in with another. Dropped in her tracks. She will make some great Italian Deer for my sons graduation party. [;)]

Comments

• edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    Congrats on another deer.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Way to whack'em and stack'em!
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Kodiakk

I'm probably done for a while. I do know people that will take the meat but I have enough for us now for the year. With EHD and natural selection doing its part, the numbers are just not there.
    That being said, a 125lb doe at 20yards broadside is gonna get shot. [;)]
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway

I'm probably done for a while. I do know people that will take the meat but I have enough for us now for the year. With EHD and natural selection doing its part, the numbers are just not there. That being said, a 125lb doe at 20yards broadside is gonna get shot. [;)]

I can't believe that tag #'s were not reduced or seasons changed with all that has died.[:0]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam

I'm probably done for a while. I do know people that will take the meat but I have enough for us now for the year. With EHD and natural selection doing its part, the numbers are just not there. That being said, a 125lb doe at 20yards broadside is gonna get shot. [;)]

It did to some extent. I know that they closed down quite a few counties for the late winter season. Cass where I have a lease is one of them. [:(]

I can't believe that tag #'s were not reduced or seasons changed with all that has died.[:0]
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1

I'm probably done for a while. I do know people that will take the meat but I have enough for us now for the year. With EHD and natural selection doing its part, the numbers are just not there.

Wish that were true on my house haha. I got two little girls that are piranha like when it comes to venision. I'd bet they could eat a whole deer in two weeks if I let them have free reign with my deer.

As it is I have to threaten them with great * harm if they eat it without me giving the ok.[:D]
    edited November -1

I'm comfortable with 80 packages of ground for the year. I do have to hide the summer sausage from my son or it would be gone in a week.

Wish that were true on my house haha. I got two little girls that are piranha like when it comes to venision. I'd bet they could eat a whole deer in two weeks if I let them have free reign with my deer.

As it is I have to threaten them with great * harm if they eat it without me giving the ok.[:D]