In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wanted to stop in and introduce myself

317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, just wanted to say hello. I am hopefully going to get into bow-hunting this fall. Going to try to pick up a good used bow, start practicing. Our gun season, the pressure is so heavy, you almost have to shoot the first deer you see. It would be nice to have some more hunting time, which is one reason I'd like to start. It also seems like a more personal experience, harvesting animals, which I'd like to try.

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Welcome!
    Enjoy the addiction. [:D]
    Whatever used bow you decide on, make sure you get to shoot it before you buy. A lot of bow hunting and archery depends on how comfortable you are with your bow.
  • wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to a way of hunting that for many is very gratifying. The time of year, setting in a quiet stand on a cold frosty october morning, nature coming to life, the beautiful sunrise and then the sunshine that eventually warms you, the up close and personal encounters with your quarry. Time spent with your children. Precious memories that will be made and never forgotten.
    Again, welcome and enjoy.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome- Getting back into myself after a 25 year vacation. Lot a cool new stuff out there!