In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TOMORROW!

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
Is the opener here in Il. and many other states I believe. Good luck to all going out tomorrow.
I admit that I'm like a kid on Christmas eve. [:D]
Just can't wait to sit in a tree.
Good luck to all.
Chief

Comments

• edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    I'll be out bright and early. Don't have a real good feeling about my morning spot, But my night tree has had 7 deer coming by it every night.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I'll be sitting in the same tree that has given me a kill the last two years on opening day. Still not too confident. If I see nothing by 8:30 I'm heading to another property to give turkeys a shot. They've been showing up around 9.
    Either way I don't really care. I'm hunting.
    edited November -1
    Didn't go out this morning. It was raining with wind gust upto 35 mph. Hopefully it will calm down and I can get out this afternoon.
    edited November -1
    Went put for 4 hours tonight. Temp was 35-40 and rainy with wind gust around 25 mph. saw 2 does but they stayed outof range. Have to try it again tomorrow.
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have seen many deer when it has been decent weather, but many more when it is anything but decent.

I have observed many during snow storms, but many, many more during and immediately after terrible rain storms.

It's just much more difficult to see them in the harshest of times.

Best of hunting luck to you all ... hope that you get the weather that you want for your hunts! [:0] [;)] [:)]