In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Consecutive numbered 1860 Army's

gjefffgjefff Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Does anyone know where I could get a pair of consecutive numbered 1860 Army's? Uberti's or other good quality reproductions.
Thanks,
G

Comments

• JasonJonesJasonJones Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a pair listed on gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=153499276

They are Uberti's that were imported under the name Western Arms. They were made in 1979. The price is pretty high, especially considering no boxes, as is the price for the other pair in the previous post. Even with consecutive numbers, I wouldn't pay more than $500 - $550 for the pair, then you'll still have to pay another $30- $40 for shipping.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    He hasn't posted in 7 months. You might try e-mailing him.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 44caliberkid

They are Uberti's that were imported under the name Western Arms. They were made in 1979. The price is pretty high, especially considering no boxes, as is the price for the other pair in the previous post. Even with consecutive numbers, I wouldn't pay more than $500 - $550 for the pair, then you'll still have to pay another $30- $40 for shipping.

Don't suppose you'd mind sharing where this deal can be had for $500-$550?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    He hasn't posted in 7 months. You might try e-mailing him.

I did that as well.
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JasonJones
    quote:Originally posted by 44caliberkid

Don't suppose you'd mind sharing where this deal can be had for $500-$550?

It is a matter of being patient. Uberti 1860's, without original packaging, are worth about $250 - $275, regardless of whether they are consecutive #'s or not. If the Western Arms pistols had the boxes, then they would have considerably more value. We aren't talking about Colt's or Belgian Centenials here, they're just Italian repros. But if somebody just has to have them, regardless of cost, then I guess the seller will get his price.
    There is nothing that I "have to have". I wait till I can make the deal I want. A lot of Colt Blackpowder pieces are asking a pretty high price, but I've found that a low ball offer on Sunday afternoon at the gunshow will often be accepted, and I've bought Colt 2nd Gen. 1860's and 1851's for pretty close to the original retail price. ($400 or less) If a gunshop has taken one in on trade, that's what they gave for it, or less. I bought two Belgian Centaurs on gunbroker for less than $275 before the recent skyrocket in price, so now I won't buy anymore.
    I expect to see continueing economic decline, combined with no new gun legislation to loosen up the market and a lot of recently aquired guns will have to sold at a loss. Buy low, sell high, that's the law of the land. I was at a show this weekend and already am seeing the price of AK's and AR's has dropped 25% over last fall.
    Getting good deals on guns is work. I spend at least 2 hours a day looking at auction sites (internet and live), spend most weekends looking through gunshows in the winter, and always have feelers out at gun shops and friends. I go to a lot of live auctions that might only have two or three guns. The trick is, decide what your price is and don't be afraid to walk away. This is true of anything, cars, guns, realestate, houses.