In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1873 clone

GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
Hi. I am going to buy a colt clone, mod.1873.(can't afford the colt or us firearms model) Need some input on this.Those with actual experiance. This will be 357 cal. with 4.5/8" barrel. Berreta,Charles Daly,Cimarron, what? Thanks.

Comments

• R D HenryR D Henry Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is about as personal as it gets! My favorites, without a doubt are the Great Western II, sold through EMF http://www.emf-company.com/
    I have a pair of 4 3/4" nickle/ivory grip 45's that are tack drivers!
    Don't panic when you see the suggested retail, they don't sell for nearly that much!

The Charles Dailey you mentioned is also made by the same company as the GW's...Pietta. Fit and finish is generally excellant. The only
    problem I have with the Dailey's is they stamp a huge CD on the grips.

No hands-on expeience with the others, but I know the Cimarrons are usually very good quality...Uberti.

Hope this helps ya some! [;)]
  • Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    I have 2 SAA's. One is an Uberti "Cattleman" and the other is an Uberti "Regulator". Both 45 Colt cal.
    IMHO they are both great guns for the money.
    My 2 cents. Hope it helps
  • knightriderknightrider Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm surprised that none mentioned Ruger. The older models are as strong as an anvil and the price, most of the time, can't be beat! Then new models are nice also but not as strong, but mine didn't need any action job done to them. Berreta are OK from what I have heard, but I don't like a corporation that will blame you if there is a problem.
  • GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all. I value all the input I can get. This will probably be the only one that I will ever buy. Thanks again.
  • SageSage Member Posts: 367
    edited November -1
    Ten years ago I bought a EMF/Dakota 1873 SA revolver Colt clone. Have been very happy with it. Paid maybe 400.00 back then. Would not sell it for that now. Also have to mention Cabela's Millenium revolver SA .45 long colt. Not as much of a clone but an awesome revolver in its own right. Cost me 199.00 when they first came out. One of the best buys I ever made.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Geri
    Thanks to all. I value all the input I can get. This will probably be the only one that I will ever buy. Thanks again.

If you're only going to have one, get the Ruger "New Vaquero". You'll love it and it will last longer than you will!
  • john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quote: "Ten years ago I bought an EMF/Dakota clone. Happy with it."

Same here, .45 Colt, 4 3/4". Well made and finished. Trigger is as good as my 2nd Generation Colt. Neither are as good as my old model Bisley Vaquero. I don't understand how a revolver like the EMF can be produced for $300 which is what I paid for it about three years ago. However; I will happily accept it.
  • gnrnnrgnrnnr Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Picked up the Uberti 45lc 4 5/8 with the millenium finish. Under $300. Not fancy but it shoots well.