In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

busted

rgergergerge Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
Hey can you guys tell I'm on vacation, I have 567.7 post in the last 2 days. Any how I broke off a nipple, it's a bad one, I can't get a grip on it with anything. What do you think my options are? No jokes, it's on a rifle with a #11 nipple on it. Thanks, I'm gonna go take my tv apart.[:(!]

Comments

• Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    You'll probably have to drill it out.
  • rgergergerge Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just did, now I have a frozen bushing. Maybe I'll make a lamp out of it.[B)]
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Know a mechanic friend? Yes, mechanic. They have all sorts of frozen thread removal tools, tap/die sets, inc. Just a thought. Joe
  • OregunnerOregunner Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try a left hand drill bit & a variable speed reversible drill motor. That's what I use at the body shop. Soak it with penetrating oil & let it soak first. Start the drill turning as slowly as possible & put some pressure onit. I have a set of Snap-On easy outs & they each have a corresponding left handed drill bit. I rarely need the easy out because the drill bit almost always backs the broken piece out before it drills very far.
    Good luck.
  • rja72rja72 Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Easy Out should work
    edited November -1
    I got a really nice dimmer switch[V]
    edited November -1
  • Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    --
    If you can find a left-hand drill bit, see if you can fit it into a pin vise or a tap wrench and gently use it to unscrew the broken piece. When I have problems like this I tend to back away from the power tools and do the job with hand tools. You may wish to take a look at the "fix-it" tools available in the Brownells catalog.

I'm not sure from your description where you are at with this problem right now. You drilled it out and what happened?
  • classicballistxclassicballistx Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bob -

Why in hell didn't you ask when you were hunting for the mold for your bud?

Listen - what tools can you access? And what Marine outfit is nearest you? I can get an easy-out to you, but you'll need a tap as well. Describe the rifle very exactly to me and I'll make the arrangements either through the jarheads or directly. I'll send you the tools, you'll use them then send them back.

Regards,

Wisent
    Classicballistx
    edited November -1
    Thanks Wisent, the entire gun is back at TCA, they're going to recondition the gun and look into enlarging the caliber in the custom shop. The guy I bought it from didn't fire it, he got it in trade, but to me it looked like a valve from a bicycle tire(?) people do strange things to guns, I had a pre 64 winchester model 70 that someone had etched their name and social security number on the receiver and tried his hand at stock checkering. I bought it as a project but it made me sick to look at.
  • Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    --
    D'ya think you wanna actually try takin' yer TV apart? [}:)][:D]