In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

any one shoot rossi 357 ?

sherpasherpa Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
in cow boy action shooting? i have one i have fired 3 times in 15/or more years. how do they hold up,how is the acccurcy ?

Comments

• Options
    Bearsixty7Bearsixty7 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was looking at the local gun show today and saw a couple of these and wondered the same thing.
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They can sometimes be picky about the shorter .38 special cartridges which is what most people use since that caliber is the same as they load in their revolvers, easier to keep up with ammo that way.

If you reload you can always just load a light load in the .357 case so it will feed. These rifles are ideal for Cowboy Action shooting especially if they feed the .38 specials with no problems. The one I had several years ago would feed the shorter cases with no problems.

Bode
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a stainless one & shoot 180gr spire point hot reloads...people look at you weird when you say that's a 357....fun
  • Options
    PaganPagan Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shot one that I had slicked up for years with no problems but I always used .357 brass with a light load. Loved that rifle.
    Truly,
  • Options
    Bearsixty7Bearsixty7 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just recently picked up an EMF Hartford model and finally got to take it to the range this past weekend. It has some problems with 158 gn RNFP .38 Spl loads. Sometimes it wouldn't bring up the next round, other times it would eject both the empty and the next round.
    I had already made arangements to send to Steve Young to work on it. Hopefully something he can correct.
  • Options
    blackruddyblackruddy Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HAVE TWO ROSSI 357S AND NO PROBLEM AT ALL, BEEN SHOOTING THEN FOR 10YRS. I LOAD MY OWN AND SOME ARE REAL HOT AND STILL NO TROUBLE....ONCE YOU SHOOT ONE YOUL-BE HOCKED...TOM
  • Options
    liftkiltliftkilt Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got the Octagon barrel 357 and took it to the range and she shoots great. I fed reloaded and new 38 spl and 357 with no problem. After having the race the rear sight one notch I was hitting a playing card at 50 yards no problem.