In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

italian reproductions

tinmanjjtinmanjj Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
where can you find who made these guns by the stampings on the barrel and frame

Comments

• Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great question ... I've wondering the same thing about my latest Italian made Hawken. Maybe we'll both get some good scoop on that question!
  • Options
    Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    Try this site:

https://store.bluebookinc.com/Info/PDF/Firearm/Serialize.pdf

This section of the site deals with serialization. Go up link from this section and you should get some info.
  • Options
    bprevolverbprevolver Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out the RPRCA web page at: http://rprca.tripod.com

A book has been in research for nearly 15yrs on this very topic. At present there is no central information on this topic.
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got to talking with a fellow at the range yesterday and he looked at my Italian-made Hawken and read "INVESTARM SPA" on the barrel and said that is the manufacturer. I'd been wondering about that for several months.

It is the second largest Italian gun maker. I think they do beautiful work. (I think he said Pedersoli was the biggest Italian gun maker.)
  • Options
    sniper762sniper762 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    italian made muzzleloaders are some of the best, cheap too,
    sile inc., traditions, emf.........
  • Options
    Underdog2264Underdog2264 Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The sight bprevolver listed is great for the handguns, If you are looking for long gun ID's the blue book of black powder values can help. The best place is here on gunbroker. Many of the same rifles carry several makers names ( Cabellas, Investarms, Charles Daly, Sile of NY, ect.) but are all made by the same company. Look through the black powder sections and match your gun to what you find. It may give you an idea of who made it. That method has helped me in the past.